Jacqueline R. A. Root is a healthcare attorney in the Tampa office of Roig Lawyers.
She focuses her practice on the representation of hospitals, physicians, hospices, and other healthcare providers, defending against claims for medical malpractice, general negligence, and billing and collections issues at the trial and appellate levels. Jacqueline has particular interest in the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act (PSQIA) and the protection of peer review and quality improvement information, as well as the medical malpractice implications of telemedicine.
Previously, Jacqueline was a business litigation associate at a national commercial litigation firm, where she participated in the litigation of complex commercial claims, class action defense, and creditors’ rights and bankruptcy matters.
Jacqueline graduated from Georgetown University Law Center, where she represented indigent tenant and homeless residents of Washington, D.C. as part of a city-wide litigation clinic, D.C. Law Students in Court.
- Won dismissal or summary judgment in multiple lawsuits filed in state and federal court in Harvey v. Florida Health Sciences Center, Inc. d/b/a Tampa General Hospital, asserting various legal theories seeking additional recovery after full payment by the hospital of a medical malpractice voluntary binding arbitration award.
- Healthcare Practice Group Wins Trial for Tampa General Hospital
September 26, 2017
News & Events
- ROIG Lawyers Sponsors and Presents at the 37th Annual FSHRMPS Meeting & Education Conference
July 7, 2017
- Twelve ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Recognized as 2017 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
June 8, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Present Property and Medical Malpractice Continuing Education Courses at 2017 Florida Liability Claims Conference
June 1, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Tampa Attorney Appointed Communications Committee Chair and RiskNet Online Journal Editor of the Florida Society of Healthcare Risk Management and Patient Safety
February 21, 2017
- Eleven ROIG Lawyers Attorneys Recognized as 2016 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
June 22, 2016
- Eight Roig Lawyers Attorneys Recognized as 2015 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
June 11, 2015
- The Dunedin Fine Art Center has selected Roig Lawyers Attorney, Jacqueline R. A. Root, as a “Model of Success”
August 13, 2014
- Jacqueline R.A. Root Publishes Article in FSHRMPS's Online Journal, RiskNet
February 24, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Tampa Office Managing Partner and Attorney Publish Article in Hillsborough County Bar Association's Lawyer Magazine
November 17, 2016
- Jacqueline R.A. Root Featured in Law360 article "Attorneys Pay Tribute to Scalia, A Beautiful Legal Mind"
February 23, 2016
- Jacqueline R. A. Root and Edward J. Carbone Publish Healthcare Article on Lexology.com
August 4, 2015
- Jacqueline R. A. Root and Edward J. Carbone Publish Healthcare Article in Hillsborough County Bar Association's Lawyer Magazine
July 13, 2015
- FSHRMPS 2017 Annual Meeting - Education Conference
August 10, 2017
- 2017 Crittenden Medical Insurance Conference
April 2, 2017
- ROIG Lawyers Sponsors the 36th Annual FSHRMPS Meeting & Education Conference
August 11, 2016
- Author, "Patient Safety Privilege and the PSQIA Post-Charles," RiskNet Online Journal, February 2017
- Co-author, "Second DCA Rejects Hospital Non-Delegable Duty Claim," Lawyer Magazine, Vol. 27, No. 2, November-December 2016
- Co-author, "The PSQIA/Amendment 7 debate in preparation for Charles," Lexology, July 30, 2015
- Co-author, "The PSQIA/Amendment 7 debate in preparation for Charles," Lawyer Magazine, Vol. 25, No. 6, Summer 2015
Presenter, "Telemedicine: The Future is Now - Understanding Current Regulations and Preparing for Litigation," Florida Society for Healthcare Risk Management & Patient Safety, 2017 FSHRMPS Meeting and Education Conference, August 2017
Presenter, "When the Supreme Court Leaves Laws in Limbo – Battling the “to the extent it is procedural” Opinions," 21st Annual Florida Liability Claims Conference (FLCC), June 2017
Speaker, "Not Just a Gladiator: Collaboration Between Outside Counsel and In-House Personnel to Reduce Severity of Malpractice Risks," Crittenden Medical Insurance, April 2017